Penalties which can be assessed against Self Insured employers for certain prescribed conduct:
Some penalties are payable to the injured worker, others to L&I.
- Unreasonable delay: RCW 51.48.017; WAC 296-15-266
- Failure to comply with a CRSSA: RCW 51.04.063
- Failure to conspicuously post required information: RCW 51.14.100(1)
- Failure to keep and or furnish compensation records: RCW 51.14.110
- Failure to timely provide the claims file: RCW51.14.120(1); WAC 296-15-420(7)
- Failure to timely notify L&I: RCW 51.14.120(2); WAC 296-15-480; WAC 296-15-420(1)
- Failure to submit a medical report of closure: RCW 51.14.120(3)
- Failure to timely act on a filed claim: RCW 51.14.130; WAC 296-15-350
- Failure to keep and allow inspection of payroll records: RCW 51.48.040
- Failure to follow L&I rules RCW 51.48.08
How to make a penalty request.
A penalty request is made by sending a written request to Labor and Industries. The director of L&I is required to issue an order within 30 days of your request.
Want to Contact Us:
Call for information or a free strategy session – 206-343-1988