Which Doctors Can Treat L&I Patients?
- Any medical provider can treat L&I patients.
- Medical providers must join the provider network or obtain a provider account number to get paid by L&I for their treatment.
- The process takes 60-90 days . After 90 days, if you haven’t heard from L&I then email them at [email protected]
L&I Rules for Washington State Medical Providers.
Washington State Providers Who Need to Join the Provider Networks:
Washington State Physicians, Chiropractors, Naturopathic physicians, Podiatric physicians & surgeons, Dentists, Optometrists, Advanced registered nurse practitioners, and Physician assistants need to join the provider network. This will allow them to treat injured workers and get paid.
You really should join the network. Your patients lose when a good doctor drops out of the system. The injured workers of this state need your help. Please join the network at Network Provider Application.
Washington State Providers Who Need a Provider Account Number:
If your specialty is not listed above you can treat injured Washington L&I workers and you do not need to join the provider network. However you do need to obtain a medical provider account number.
How to join the medical provider network in Washington State.
Washington State Provider?
- Join the provider network if you are a
- Naturopathic physician
- Podiatric physicians & surgeons
- Advanced registered nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Get a provider account number if you are a Washington State provider not listed above. Provider Account Application
Rules for Medical Providers out of Washington State or out of Country.
If you are a provider who is not in Washington State or is out of the United States you will want to submit the Provider Account Application (non-network) and get a provider account number. With this L&I can to pay you for services rendered.
Out of State Provider? Get a provider account number. If you are a provider in any other state other than Washington, you will want to submit the Provider Account Application- Non network so you may be paid for services. Provider Account Number Application
Out of Country Provider? If you are a provider who is out of the United States you will want to submit the Provider Account Application (Non-network) for L&I to pay you for services rendered. Provider Account Number Application
Medical provider network and provider account number distinguished.
- Provider Network is for the listed Washington State medical providers.
- Provider Account Number is for:
- Washington State providers not listed
- Out of State providers
- Out of Country providers
- Medical Treatment
- L&I Provider Network – How to find a Doctor
- L&I Provider Network – Moving out of County
Want to Contact Us:
Telephone – Call for information or a free strategy session – 206-343-1988