L&I Law is Specialized
L&I attorneys have learned this specialized law so they can advance the interests of injured workers at Labor and Industries, in the Court System, and before the legislature. A good L&I attorney will make a difference.
Do I Have to Pay an Attorney?
Many L&I cases can be handled on a DIY basis. No attorney means no attorney fees. If you want to do it yourself or if you are just looking for L&I information, we offer a free strategy session. No charge & no pressure to hire an attorney. We believe injured workers should not have to hire an attorney to get L&I benefit information. If you later decide to hire an attorney, then you pay him. The contingency fee agreements make that easy.
Do I Want an Attorney?
Like a lot of things – it depends. It depends on the facts of your case.
For example, you don’t need a guide to take a walk in the park.
You do need a guide to cross the Sahara Desert.
Does your claim resemble either? The following important questions will help you figure that out.
Important Questions to Ask Yourself About Your L&I Case.
- How much money is at stake?
- Can I afford to lose it all?
- How much experience do I have with L&I cases and in the courtroom?
- Is my claim complicated?
- Is my claims manager always helpful?
- Is my medical condition straight forward or complicated?
- Is my doctor on the right track?
- Is there an IME complicating my L&I claim?
- Will my doctor be there for me and stand up to L&I when I need them to?
- Am I getting all the benefits I am entitled to?
- Is there more that needs to be done?
- Can I do it?
- Have I got on the phone and gotten a free consultation from an L&I attorney about my case and what can be done to improve it?
The good things about L&I Attorneys:
- Most of them know exactly what they are doing.
- An experienced L&I attorney knows exactly what to do.
- They know which medical professionals to send you to for good treatment and fair medical opinions.
- They charge contingent legal fees, so you only pay attorney fees if you win.
- They can make a difference between winningand losing.
- A good L&I attorney will give you a free consultation, with advice and their suggested direction.
The bad thing about Attorneys
13 Reasons You Might Want to Hire an L&I Attorney
- A career threatening injury is so difficult that it causes mental health concerns, creates inaction, and worries the injured worker and their partner.
- Negatuve information is coming from the nurse case manager and/or a claims manager
- There seems to be no way to get important information such as the copy of their file, the IME report, the PPD rules, or good advice about a pension.
- L&I sends an unfavorable ORDER and something must be done.
- The return to work isn’t going well.
- The injured worker walks out of an IME and has a bad feeling. The IME doc who is deciding his fate is mean, condisending, and unfriendly. The physician doesn’t listen and writes an unfair report. The injured worker can’t get a copy of their own IME report.
- There is a third party claim.
- The injured worker is seriously disabled.
- The medical care isn’t getting the job done; or the physician has grown tired of helping because L&I claims are too much paperwork.
- The injured worker deserves a pension, but doesn’t know what to do.
- Time loss benefits are cut off.
- The injured worker ends up with a permanent medical impairment but doesn’t know how to get a fair Permanent Partial Disability settlement.
- The devastating effects of the injury and the harsh realities of the L&I claim, have taken their toll on the workrer. Too tired to fight anymore they get an attorney to help.
Christopher Sharpe Attorney
Christopher Sharpe is a Seattle workers’ compensation attorney who has helped thousands of injured workers get their benefits and successfully conclude their L&I case. Chris Sharpe and his law firm want to talk to you about your L&I claim. We will provide you with a free strategy session. If you don’t need an attorney, we will tell you so. If an Attorney could improve your case we’ll tell you that too.
We are standing by, ready to assist. Contact Us.
L&I Benefit Information for Injured Workers
Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
L&I Lawyer Fee’s, Case Costs and Referrals
Do I Have a Case