Help When You Need It

While trying to protect her hands, they screwed up her stomach, lungs, ears, nose, throat…AND HER LIFE.

Rubber Glove In her wildest dreams Libby never thought that wearing a simple pair of protective rubber latex gloves would cause her so much grief.  After 20 years of community hospital experience she was diagnosed with an allergy to latex that led to an unbelievable chain of medical woes befitting a tale of “Ripley’s Believe It Or Not.” 

It all started when she experienced the frequent peeling of her hands.  In a preventative measure to avoid further allergic reactions she stopped wearing them but she continued to work in the same immediate vicinity of other co-workers who used the same powdered gloves.  Two years later, despite avoiding direct skin contact, she developed severe skin reactions, swelling hives, allergic rhinitis, hoarseness, wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, anaphylaxis, laryngeal hyperactivity with laryngopharyngeal reflux and acid reflux disease.  In short, she had occupational asthma caused by NRL (natural rubber latex).

After repeated evaluations by a gastroenterologist, a pulmonologist, a gynecologist, an otorhinolaryngologist, two occupational medicine physicians, a psychologist and a psychiatrist she became hopelessly depressed due to her inability to continue work in her life’s passion…..nursing.

Health care workers are at a high risk for exposure to (NRL). Despite this danger, many health care workers, like Libby, remain working in an environment that continues to cause them harm. If you have experienced health difficulties that you feel may be associated with exposure to NRL, please give us a call. We understand this disease. We can explain it to you. And we can determine if your exposure warrants a legal remedy.

Workers’ Compensation…..It’s our thing.

WSAJ Eagle BadgeBest Workers Compensation in Seattle Badgecelebrating_badge
Call Now Button